I wrote web Apllication with Servlet/JSP and JDBC. I want to introduce Struts in my prev and new application. All application are database oriented, like resumebuilder, library cataloge viewer and cart application for displaying as well as shopping appliances.

My main query is till now I used java core, javascript, JSP, JDBC , Servlet and Javabeans. I know, this are little bit older in technology, So, I like to implement EJB,XML and STL. So, how to make application in Struts? How to use XML in application?

Waiting for ur reply.

Tejas

Struts by itself does not do XML. This article at JavaWorld shows how to use XML in struts. I recommend you read up thoroughly on all the technologies available for web applications to determine which technology suits you best.

What is newer is not necessarily better or worth the effort in converting. Many a web application suffered in performance due to bad overuse of XML. Much of industry went the route of heavy architectures to do J2EE. Many are paying for this mistake now. I personally would recommend the OReilly book Better, Faster Lighter Java.

Good luck in your search for the right technology! Remember that it could always be that the best technology for what you want to do is what you have now, so it may not necessarily be worth the effort the effort of conversion.

Ed

I wrote web Apllication with Servlet/JSP and JDBC. I want to introduce Struts in my prev and new application. All application are database oriented, like resumebuilder, library cataloge viewer and cart application for displaying as well as shopping appliances.

My main query is till now I used java core, javascript, JSP, JDBC , Servlet and Javabeans. I know, this are little bit older in technology, So, I like to implement EJB,XML and STL. So, how to make application in Struts? How to use XML in application?

Waiting for ur reply.

Tejas

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.