My teacher has told me I need a build file for my networking prodject. The problem? I have NO IDEA what a build file is, let alone how to implement it. Is anyone available to step me through it? :-|

I have written source for TCP and UDP servers and clients(and they work), now I need to write a build file, please, please, point me in the right direction. I have no idea what a build file is.

I've been out searching for info on build files and still don't understand. Can some please step me throw the basics. I do not want someone to do this for me, I don't think they could without knowing my source code with any kind of effectiveness, just please point me in the right direction. Give me some basics, or send me to a site with a good explaination.

I have written source for TCP and UDP servers and clients(and they work), now I need to write a build file, please, please, point me in the right direction. I have no idea what a build file is.

I've been out searching for info on build files and still don't understand. Can some please step me throw the basics. I do not want someone to do this for me, I don't think they could without knowing my source code with any kind of effectiveness, just please point me in the right direction. Give me some basics, or send me to a site with a good explaination.

is it build file for ant or something others

if it is for ant ,(ant is a tool that help u to compile and make a jar file of
ur whole project)

plz reply

i will help u

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.