I am using VC++ 2008 and wonder, that if I have made a project. "Windows Forms Application" that only consist of an Emty Form.

I wonder how it is possible to Compile this so this will be an application.
I have searched around in the properties and found something called "Release".
I am not sure how the process is working to do this and if this is the way to do it.

Because when compiling this Project now called ex: "Form1" and if I copy this Folder from
"Visual Studio 2008\Projects" to my other computer, this program will not work on that computer.
The program works if it remains under /Project.
It seems that it needs VC++ to be on the computer.

So the question is how to make a Program Release I think ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The other computer you are testing it on probably does have the required .NET framework to execute the program.

To Build the project in release, click on the drop down menu by the run icon and set it to 'Release' then compile it. The program should be under the directory 'Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PROJECTNAME\Release\PROJECTNAME.exe'

With my Project Open, I go to the Menu "Project" and at the bottom of this menu I have properties.
In here After: Configuration, I can choose different things, Activ(Debug) and also "Release".

I choose "Release" here and also choosed "OutPutDirectory" to:
'Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Form1\Release\ApplicationTest.exe

When doing this and when I compile. This path is made. But when copy this path/ folder and running this program on the other computer that hasnĀ“t VC++, I have this Error message:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I am not sure if I do this correct ?

To Build the project in release, click on the drop down menu by the run icon and set it to 'Release' then compile it. The program should be under the directory 'Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PROJECTNAME\Release\PROJECTNAME.exe'

If it says 'Release' just to the right of the run (Start Debugging) icon then when you run or compile the project it will have compiled as release, but the reason I think you get the error message (Which I always used to get) is because the computer without MSVC doesn't have the correct netframe, thats the reason I started plain Win32 / MFC because .NET projects arent very portable.
Downloading http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en
should fix the problem on the other computer.

Thank you... I downloaded the link. Unfortenately it was the version of 3.0 but when I upgraded it to 3.5 wich is the latest version, It did work great.

Thank you for help !!!

If it says 'Release' just to the right of the run (Start Debugging) icon then when you run or compile the project it will have compiled as release, but the reason I think you get the error message (Which I always used to get) is because the computer without MSVC doesn't have the correct netframe, thats the reason I started plain Win32 / MFC because .NET projects arent very portable.
Downloading http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10CC340B-F857-4A14-83F5-25634C3BF043&displaylang=en
should fix the problem on the other computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.