Ok, so I'm done with my "Code Break" and I'm back in "action". A couple months ago I completely dropped programming to pay attention to other things in my life. I was only on the forums a brief period of time anyway, so most people probably don't remember me at all >.>
Well, I would just like to post up something I found VERY useful when working with a SQL Database with C++. The only reason I am posting this is because a few months ago, I couldn't find anything like this, so I spent a few days searching (and found many possible alternates) but I believe this to be the best. It is indeed simple, yet powerful, no need to install ODBC.

http://www.sqlapi.com/

You can read more yourself, but it works natively with windows API, so in my instance where I was writing a database editor, it was very easy to use and helped out quite a bit as I had no idea where to begin with ODBC. Anyway, if I posted this in the wrong section, as I did not see a place to post resources or "Guide" if you will, in any other section. Anyway, I hope some people get some use out of this, I know it helped me loads.

Thank you! It's precisely what I needed.

Ok, so I'm done with my "Code Break" and I'm back in "action". A couple months ago I completely dropped programming to pay attention to other things in my life. I was only on the forums a brief period of time anyway, so most people probably don't remember me at all >.>
Well, I would just like to post up something I found VERY useful when working with a SQL Database with C++. The only reason I am posting this is because a few months ago, I couldn't find anything like this, so I spent a few days searching (and found many possible alternates) but I believe this to be the best. It is indeed simple, yet powerful, no need to install ODBC.

http://www.sqlapi.com/

You can read more yourself, but it works natively with windows API, so in my instance where I was writing a database editor, it was very easy to use and helped out quite a bit as I had no idea where to begin with ODBC. Anyway, if I posted this in the wrong section, as I did not see a place to post resources or "Guide" if you will, in any other section. Anyway, I hope some people get some use out of this, I know it helped me loads.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.