:-/

Hi can nayone help me to write SFTP script to copy files from one server to another sever

any help appreciated

Thank you
Madan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi can nayone help me to write SFTP script to copy files from one server to another sever not ftp script

any help appreciated

Thank you
Madan

Hey There,

How's the script as it stands? Basically you just need to loop around the scp command (highly depends on how that looping construct is executed, based on what you're looking to do)

scp file1 host1:/some/dir/.

Is the basic syntax to scp the file from the server you're on to the remote - to do it the other way, from the server you're on

scp host1:/some/dir/file1 .

optionally, for the remote host, instead of just the hostname

host1

you might need to attach the copy to a specific user like this:

user1@host

Hope that helps :)

, Mike

It helps if you have already upload your public ssh-rsa key to the remote machine. Then you don't have to enter the password each time the scp is executed.

It helps if you have already upload your public ssh-rsa key to the remote machine. Then you don't have to enter the password each time the scp is executed.

Hi Thanks for reply ..

I am new to the scripting ... also this concept could you please give the some detail explanation on this , so it may be helpful.

Thanks in Advance
Madan

Thanks for you help

Incase any info required will be intouch you

Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.