I have a .txt file and need to connect it. So in visual c++ do i need ODBC. if yes then can anyone guide me how to start with it.:-/

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You do not need ODBC. Just open the text file with standard fstream object. Text files do not need connection strings like SQL databases such as MySql.

If your looking to learn ODBC, there are tons of c++ classes, some free and some not free. Just google for them and see what you can find. There are also several tutorials that can be found by google.

You do not need ODBC. Just open the text file with standard fstream object. Text files do not need connection strings like SQL databases such as MySql.

If your looking to learn ODBC, there are tons of c++ classes, some free and some not free. Just google for them and see what you can find. There are also several tutorials that can be found by google.

Once again thanx....... ancient dragon.
if possible cud u provide me with some links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.