A while ago I caught a small error in the book "Beginning Perl" by Simon Cozens, a Wrox book. Since the editor didn't know my name, he wrote down my Yahoo! username which I e-mailed him with. It's kind of funny seeing "inscissorx" on the page...

http://www.wrox.com/acon16h1.asp?WROXEMPTOKEN=121107ZHEunvKL25OekNE6At4E&BookID=403&ExpandID=3324

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think the wrox site is built pretty poorly and it's very disappointing because they write books about fixing these types of things. Everytime I visit the site, I always get some sort of error... strange. It's still one of my favorite publishers, besides Sams.

well, i guess mis-recongition is better than none - well, i think!!! ;) yeah, i dont really care for it myself... consiidering there known for that color i guess they dont have much of a choice on the color scheme, but well, it seems, well, not quite amatuerish, but not quite professional either. must say i do like a pub that posts errata.

Well, I was referring to the programming on the backend side. :) Everytime I browse that site I get random errors. Oh, and yes, the design is not very tasty either. ;)

how's that elephant & 3 blind men joke go? something about a tree trunk, a wall & a snake? guess we all have different perspectives! ;)

Good one! I give you a rimshot and two wacky horns for that one! ;)

8)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.