iSoftware 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
I have a HTML page with a form in it. I need to pass a parameter to my Visual Basic application if the signup was successful. My HTML form is simple:

<form action="signup.php" method="post" name="signup" onSubmit="return signup();">
<!-- Some text boxes and check boxes -->
</form>

On submit, signup() returns true if the submit was successful. I want to send a parameter or something so I can send it to my Visual Basic 2008 application, but have no idea how. I tried storing the value to the registry, saving the value to a text file and even tried calling a Vbscript function through JavaScript then tried to retrieve data in my VB application, but it keeps saying permission denied.

I know this sounds silly, but how can I do this? Is there no way to pass a parameter to an application through client side code?

I'm thinking about using JavaScript to make the browser to navigate to a BAT file in the local hard disk or something and use the BAT file to create a registry key which my VB app can retrieve. Is there an easier way or will this idea of mine work?

Thanks.