i m new to programming where do i start? i have python on my computer and have played around with it. but dont know where to start or what to do. any advice would help me so much.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Google Byte of Python and Dive into Python. Both are great launching pads for getting into some serious Python programming. The latter is more for people that are familiar with programming languages in general, while the first is more for somebody that is using Python as their first programming language ever.

Yeah "Byte Of Python" is indeed the best way to start for a beginner. But more importantly, you must try out variations and play with the data structures to get into the minute details of how Python works. Merely reading from any book wont give you hands on experience.

Hi,

I think it is not Python you are interested in. It's just it's already been installed on your machine you want to learn python. I do not have any thing personal against python, you can go with it. However, I think that it would be better if you learned PHP instead. PHP is free, open source web programming language. It can also be used for other scripting things.

Bye!

I think that it would be better if you learned PHP instead. PHP is free, open source web programming language. It can also be used for other scripting things.

I completely disagree. Being that PHP is a "web programming" language, it is nowhere near as easy and accessible for a learning programmer as Python. Python is also free and open-source. Being able to open a Python shell and interact with the interpreter is the best part because you can test a single line of code without generating a test case and encapsulating it in an entire program that would then need to be uploaded to your web server and then viewed via web browser.

Long story short Python is much easier to learn than PHP and will not have as sharp a learning curve.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.