Hi all.

I have a problem when I am trying to run an application on my mobile.
The app compiles on netbeans, but when I copies it to my mobile telephone, it sais:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I have been told that I should have references to everything and that i might need to run it with java -jar projectname.jar. Can anyone tell me how to change this or what could be wrong.

Kind regards. Michael

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you post copy/attach your project? I can have look at it for you...

The file provided by you worked for me without any problems on Sony Ericsson w910 and also under emulator on my laptop. Unfortunately I can not confirm connection between these two as my laptop BT sometimes have the mind on its own. On what device you trying to deploy this file?

PS: The example has one big problem, no Exit command ;)

That was strange. I am trying to make it work on a htc touch diamond. Just to make sure. All you did was unpack the folder, and then copy it to the mobile. what file did you execute the program with (JAD or JAR file). I am sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am very new to java programming :(
thanks in advance. Michael

HTC is big unknown in Java mobile development. Looking on their website in the device specification I did not find any note on JVM being present on device.
I came across some forums that maybe able to help you htcwizardweb.net and forum.xda-developers.com. You need to either ask them or browse forums for appropriate J2ME development and deployment on these devices.
I'm sorry that I'm not able to help you in this...

Thx a lot mate. I will try to look at those forums. thanks for looking at the code for me, really appriciate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.