i'm try to do a fingerprint verififcation system with minutiae matching, function include threshold, thinning, and ridge detect. can any1 help and giving sample code??

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would like to see what kind of response u get.
I just have one thing to say OMG

>fingerprint verififcation system with minutiae matching, function include threshold, thinning, and ridge detect
Bwahahahahaha!

>can any1 help and giving sample code??
What kind of print capturing device are you using? Is it optical or solid state? Is it even a real-time scanner? What about image recognition of old ink based print charts? Each of these has its own problems including digital image degradation and plate size resulting in blurred lines or a smaller number of minutiae points. I'm curious what kind of research you've done before embarking on this quest, and if you've actually done anything at all before posting here.

actually i just need a simulator, no need any scanner capture. a gray BMP image load from pc then it will start process and match the template store in database (SQL server). base on minutiae matching ;)

the system is start from threshold the gray BMP file from pc, then thinning process, ridge-ending detect, store the minutiae record as template to database.

matching process same as above only different is last step is match the minutiae record with the template in database.

so you've already described the system.
Now "all" you need to do is turn that into code.

If you have problems with specific areas of that post what you have and maybe someone can help you overcome those problems but please don't think we're going to write your entire program for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.