I already know C and I have to learn Java. Can anybody recommend an ebook I can read?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

There is nice thread on top of Java section called Starting "Java"

First of all you have to get to know the principles of Java and object oriented programming in general (as it works different than C and other procedural languages). I learned about that from book by Ivor Horton (It's Wrox publishing I guess) but there are many others out there.

I also just move from c to java and i found this book "java how to program sixth edition" very useful.
you can e-mail me on
<snipped email>
so that i can send it as an attachment

I also just move from c to java and i found this book "java how to program sixth edition" very useful.
you can e-mail me on
<snipped email>
so that i can send it as an attachment

The Deitel and Deitel books are always awesome.

I also, second the recommendation for Java, how to Program... though you should really get the newest edition if possible (I believe it is currently 7e that is newest, though I could be mistaken).

7th is the latest one, however I did not like DB and AJAX section there. Cannot explain why but it did not suited me...

At my school, we use Java Au Natural, it's a really great book, and it's very descriptive and informative, and best of all, it's free ^_^
here's the link:

http://www.cs.ccsu.edu/~jones/book.htm

I already know C and I have to learn Java. Can anybody recommend an ebook I can read?

Hi,

Don't get fancied by all the big big books you see. First get agood book thats easy to understand. Head First java is a very good book. Read it fully don't skip chapters, and do the exercises, that will be more than enough.

best of luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.