hi,am a final year student thinking of making an application able to track people from a live camera.the idea is for the application to automatically identify certain actions eg person attempting to enter certain doors etc.in other words the application should be able to know the location of a person by using the camera.i need help and more ideas of developing such a system.I can program using C# or java.thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Having person recognition by camera, is not likely to be overly simple. working in conjunction with the door swipes so that on failure/success it takes a picture, sure.. so then a human can compare the entrys and decide if the cards been cloned, or stolen etc.

Having person recognition by camera, is not likely to be overly simple. working in conjunction with the door swipes so that on failure/success it takes a picture, sure.. so then a human can compare the entrys and decide if the cards been cloned, or stolen etc.

Well what i was really thinking of,was a system using object tracking algorithms which can have predefined events to look for eg a person going to a certain area in a room,lets say its able to know the actual positon of a moving object and hence if a person triggers this event the system does something.Can you help me please
thanks for your reply

his is part of your final project, you should do the research for yourself, if you get stuck with bugs in your code, show us the code and explain the problem and I know we'll all try and help, if your algorithm doesnt work on paper, sure post that, and we'll try and help too.. However, as the stickies says, we dont do your homework, you need to research how to what you're trying to do yourself.

I have done my research and have decided to use the Aforge.net for Object tracking.I would also like to integrate AI so that the system can identify suspicious events eg robbing the bank or plane hijack(well thats the hard part).looking foward to all your contributions

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.