hello,
i am here again with my strange question..
I have an image (a logo ), however i need to insert this image in the title bar of the project...
i MEAN to say where the form name appears i want the image there instead of ne where on the form.
Image should be on the left side of the title of the form . Ne idea how to do this ?
Instead of the .net logo i need to display an image.

cya
Rohan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can set Icon-property from form's properties when the form is in design mode. If you don't see "Properties"-panel, press F4 to open it.

To change project icon go to "Project"-menu and choose "<project name> Properties..." and from "Application"-tab change icon from Icon-drop down.

To programmatically change form's icon:

Me.Icon = New Icon("<path to icon>")

or add it to a resource: go to "Project"-menu and choose "<project name> Properties..." and from "Resources"-tab click "Add Resource" and from there "New Image...". Now you refer to image with it's resource name:

Me.Icon = My.Resources.<image resource name>

If you want to show only icon but nothing else, set form's Text-property:

Me.Text = ""

Image should be on the left side of the title of the form .

It will be on the left side. You can't put it to anywhere else.

THANKS FOR HELP HOWEVER , I NEED TO PLACE ANYIMAGE...AND NOT ONLY FILES WITH ICO EXTENTION.....IS IT POSSIBLE ?

CYA
ROHAM

You can set Icon-property from form's properties when the form is in design mode. If you don't see "Properties"-panel, press F4 to open it.

To change project icon go to "Project"-menu and choose "<project name> Properties..." and from "Application"-tab change icon from Icon-drop down.

To programmatically change form's icon:

Me.Icon = New Icon("<path to icon>")

or add it to a resource: go to "Project"-menu and choose "<project name> Properties..." and from "Resources"-tab click "Add Resource" and from there "New Image...". Now you refer to image with it's resource name:

Me.Icon = My.Resources.<image resource name>

If you want to show only icon but nothing else, set form's Text-property:

Me.Text = ""

It will be on the left side. You can't put it to anywhere else.

No, its not possible. You have to convert your image to an icon first.

Here's a few free application I have used for converting images to ico-files:
Paint.NET 3.36
IrfanView 4.20
Gimp 2.6.0
The result depends on your original image i.e. how well it scales down to a 48x48 (or 32x32) pixel icon image. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes the result is not so fine :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.