I am trying to implement the GSL uniform random number generator into my C++ program. Below is my entire program and I am having difficulties getting it to run properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>
#include <math.h>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <fstream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <cmath>
#include <gsl\gsl_rng.h>

int main()
{
		double CeOld;
		double CgOld;
		double r;
		double Pe;

double Omega = .5;
		double gamma = 1;
		double Ce = 1/sqrt(2);
		double Cg = 1/sqrt(2);
		double T  = 0.0;
		double dT = 0.05;
		double CeDot;
		double CgDot;
		double Sum;

ofstream position;
        ofstream momentum;
        positiondata.open("position.txt");
        momentumdata.open("momentum.txt");

const gsl_rng_type * T;
        gsl_rng * q;
        gsl_rng_env_setup();
        T = gsl_rng_default;
        q = gsl_rng_alloc (T);

printf("Cg=%lf\n",Cg);

for(int i = 1; i < 10000; i++)
			{
				T=T+dT;
				CgOld=Cg;
				CeOld=Ce;
				CeDot = (Omega/2)*Cg-(gamma/2)*Ce;
				CgDot = -((Omega/2)*Ce);
                r = gsl_rng_uniform(q);
                if (r < (abs(Ce)*abs(Ce)*dT))
				{
					Cg = CeOld;
					Ce = 0;
				}
                else{

Cg = CgOld+CgDot*dT;
					Ce = CeOld+CeDot*dT;
				}				
				Pe=abs(Ce)*abs(Ce);
                 printf("Pe=%lf\n",Pe);
				 Sum=sqrt(pow(Ce, 2.0)+ pow (Cg, 2.0));
				 Ce=Ce/Sum;
				 Cg=Cg/Sum;

};
            return 0;

}

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I know the problem has to do with GSL in general. This is one of the error messages I receive when I try to compile my code.

C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|8|gsl\gsl_rng.h: No such file or directory|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp||In function `int main()':|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|27|error: `ofstream' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|27|error: expected `;' before "position"|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|28|error: expected `;' before "momentum"|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|29|error: `positiondata' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|30|error: `momentumdata' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|32|error: expected initializer before '*' token|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|33|error: `gsl_rng' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|33|error: `q' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|34|error: `gsl_rng_env_setup' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|35|error: `gsl_rng_default' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|36|error: `gsl_rng_alloc' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|47|error: `gsl_rng_uniform' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|48|warning: passing `double' for converting 1 of `int abs(int)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|48|warning: passing `double' for converting 1 of `int abs(int)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|59|warning: passing `double' for converting 1 of `int abs(int)'|
C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|59|warning: passing `double' for converting 1 of `int abs(int)'|
||=== Build finished: 13 errors, 4 warnings ===|

position and positiondata should be the same? Also the compiler can't find the gsl directory. You're also passing doubles into the abs() function when it wants an int. Try #include "gsl\gsl_rng.h"

I already have #include "gsl\gsl_rng.h" in my program but I don't know why its still not working :(

Try moving the gsl directory to the project directory. I believe "gsl\gsl_rng.h" will make the compiler look in the current directory while <gsl\gsl_rng.h> will make it look in its default directory. You should not be getting the

C:\Documents and Settings\Luke\Desktop\main.cpp|8|gsl\gsl_rng.h: No such file or directory|

message if it can find the header file.

And fstream should work where ofstream failed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.