I was wondering if anyone out there had a good suggestion on an Installer program. I have a few friends that are interested in how I'm doing in my programming self-education, so I'd like to send them examples of what I've done. Now I've managed to use py2exe to create the Standalone excutables. But what I'd like to be able to do is send my friends a .exe that 1. puts the needed files in the needed locations, 2. puts icons on the desktop for them to use, 3. give an Uninstaller.exe, so I'm not filling up their computers with my pointless programs. :)

Any suggestions? and on a side note, the easier the program is to use, the better for me. I'd really hate to spend a couple days learning to do this, when I could be focusing on my coding knowledge. :)

Thanks in advance
Andy

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

py2exe = Create executables
nsis or inno = create setups
Just google for and crawler for their home pages, download them learn them and use them!

If you need $ based go for installshield

Steve

Thanks for the info!!

I'm definetly not wanting a $ based program. lol, found one earlier Called InstallAware Studio... Hmmm.... $1400 isn't even within the realm of possible. hehe

I'll look up the two you mentioned. Thanks again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.