Hello

I'm new to computer programming , and I'm using Dev C++ 4.9.9.2. I'm also reading C++ How To Program Pearson International Edition from DEITEL as my source of knowledge. I don't if I'm reading the right book and using the right c++ software or compiler. Hop you can give me an advice regarding this.

I encountered a link error while compiling my programs or source file with file names GradeBook.h,GradeBook.cpp and fig3_10 I got this programs from the sample of my book C++ How To Program. But when I compiled it an error will occurred. I assume that the source file or the programs are coorrect because it come from the book of deitel.
GradeBook.cpp and fig3_10 has include Gradebook.h(#include "GradeBook.h").

Please help me these problems, because I can't go on with my self study without solving these problems, because most of the remaining illustration of the book is likely the same with this..

Thank you very much

Most generaly, link errors are caused by a mismatch in a function/method declaration and the actual implementation. Hence being unable to link the two (and possibly more in the case of overloading). For example, this would result in a link error:

void Foo(int, int);
int main()
{
    Foo(10, 10);
    return 0;
}
int Foo(void)
{
     return 0;
}

You need to post the link errors you are getting from the compiler so that we can help you.

commented: Yes, that would be good. +22
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.