i want move date whenever one perticular field gets some value...
eg.
if i have field name event and date .event is a select box .
when approved is moved to event box todays date should move to date field.
pls send me a javascript related to this

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to make your description clearer, I can't understand it. I believe you are also looking for the web development > javascript forum.

You need to make your description clearer, I can't understand it. I believe you are also looking for the web development > javascript forum.

thanks for replying...i have one statement .that statement has two combo field(Entered/Approved) .
when combo field is marked as Approved than date isto be moved to date field.and date should not moved to date field when entered is selected from combo feild
i mean i want to move todays date if and only Approved is selected from combo field

thanks for replying...i have one statement .that statement has two combo field(Entered/Approved) .
when combo field is marked as Approved than date isto be moved to date field.and date should not moved to date field when entered is selected from combo feild
i mean i want to move todays date if and only Approved is selected from combo field

still, can be better explained.
better still, if it is JavaScript you're looking for, you're on the wrong forum, as sillyboy already pointed out.
worse: if you're looking for someone to write the code for you, without any effort shown from your side, you're definately on the wrong forum.

I'll try give you a start...

Look at the "onchange" event for your combo box. What is currently selected? (you can try work that out yourself). Finally there is a Date object in javascript you should find useful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.