Hello Developers!
I have been searching for long lame binding for python and have no way but need to learn ctypes to use lame_enc.DLL. For Now I need simple DLL with simple functions to play with.

My Question is: Where can I get that simple yet safe DLL to play with CTYPES?

Thanks all

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I wonder why my Question get ignored. I know C++ Guys do alot of Funny with DLLs but I don't know if they are unwilling or just too busy to answer my questions!

Could be no one here knows what you are talking about. What is "lame binding for phython" ? Of course I know what phthon is. Are you trying to call phython from C/C++ (or reverse) ?

>>Where can I get that simple yet safe DLL to play with CTYPES

You can write it yourself.:ooh:

Could be no one here knows what you are talking about.
What is "lame binding for python" ? Of course I know what python is. Are you trying to call python from C/C++ (or reverse) ?

Sorry I didn't knew that it is not clear. But again I need somebody to say it so that I can make it clear. Anyway, a binding to language is Module that enables you to use another library from another language as if it is local to the Language. It is like wxpython, a python Binding to WxWidgets.

I want to call Lame_enc.dll to use it in My Python MP3 project. The problem is how to Access the functions. I have two options: Using Binding if available (Long ago there was pylame...I don't know what happened :( ). Or Use Ctype module. After unsuccessful searching of that module I decided to take 2nd option. So I need to practice calling simple procedures from DLL using Ctypes module

>>Where can I get that simple yet safe DLL to play with CTYPES

You can write it yourself.:ooh:

No I can't. Iam using python and dimmed in C/C++ I'm not able to write it!

First off, you are being a bit pushy. Stop. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get a (useful) answer.

Secondly, if you can't use C++, then you are posting in the wrong forum.

A good DLL to play around with is C:\WINDOWS\system32\comdlg32.dll. You can use the functions in there. They run the gamut from simple to not-so-simple to use. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms645524(VS.85).aspx for complete documentation.

Good luck!

[edit] Most DLLs are not programming language-specific. Those that are are only useful to the application that bundles them. Hence, any DLL ought to do. [/edit]

Thanks sir,
I'm not pushy, as you perceive, The problem is I get ignored. Ok I sometime wait couple of days with no one even saying anything, not necesarily answer.

Thanks alot, sorry if I stumbled you
The reason I post these things here is because are C++ related

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.