Hi.

I've built a HttpServlet that catch a request and parse a web page using InputStream, InputStreamReader and PrintWriter changing some content along the way and output it as a response. Everything works like a charm (parsing html, css, gif, jpg, aso) except for png images.

Since png's are binary files (correct me if I'm wrong) my guess is i need to use something other than InputStream, InputStreamReader and PrintWriter to parse the png's. But what and how do I use it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I've built a HttpServlet that catch a request and parse a web page using InputStream, InputStreamReader and PrintWriter changing some content along the way and output it as a response. Everything works like a charm (parsing html, css, gif, jpg, aso) except for png images.

Since png's are binary files (correct me if I'm wrong) my guess is i need to use something other than InputStream, InputStreamReader and PrintWriter to parse the png's. But what and how do I use it?

Thanks in advance.

Using ByteArrayInputStream to read a bindary file and then use InputStreamReader & BufferedReader. Also careful about "position". These will work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.