Hi,

the concept of the program is enter a piece of text from the keyboard and place that piece of text into a file

#include<stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
#include<string.h>

void main()
{
	 FILE *fp;
	 char s[80];
	 fp=fopen("new.txt","w");
	 if(fp==NULL)
	 {
		  printf("unable to open file");
		  exit(1);
	 }

printf("enter new line of text:\n");
	 while(strlen(gets(s))>0)
	 {
		 fputs(s, fp);
		 fputs("\n", fp);
	 }
	 fclose(fp);

}

But, after completing this program
when I open the text file there is no result at all
what is the problem is it really write the contents to a new.txt file or not. If yes please explain briefly why my text file is not changin
else please give the solution
regards,

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is your 14th post, and you still don't bother to use code tags. Also it was mentioned quite a lot of times in your previous thread that you should use int main instead of void main .

commented: Well said +23

thanku for ur patience replies

Sorry but what is the exact difference between void main and int main
I know only one thing void is a data type which specifies the function doesn't return any value.

any thing gr8 diffrence between these two can u explain please

regards,
samba

Main() must return a zero for successful operation.

Read this article.
There's a very well explained article by Steve Summit about the incorrect usage of main's return type. It's in the link pasted above. Anyway, here's a direct link. It certainly helped me when I was trying to understand what all the noise about main's return type was... which wasn't very long back actually. :P

As for your program, I don't see anything wrong with it. I even ran it and got input written to new.txt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.