hi, i need to read a file and to store contents in buffer. to read the first 8 bytes and to move the pointer to read the strings in that file.
could any one help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, i need to read a file and to store contents in buffer. to read the first 8 bytes and to move the pointer to read the strings in that file.

Great, good to know.
What did you tried and precisely how did it fail to work?
Post both the attempt and the failure symptoms (i.e. compiling errors, unexpected or totally wrong output - anything that qualifies) if you want to get help from anyone here.

(read this for further explanations)

ya i need help just want to read a file by using file functions. by reading a file all the datas will be in a buffer know. in the buffer i want to rretrieve 8 bytes , how to do this ?

ya i need help just want to read a file by using file functions. by reading a file all the datas will be in a buffer know. in the buffer i want to rretrieve 8 bytes , how to do this ?

If you are reading files and using buffers and pointers, then you aren't a complete beginner, so you can at least show some code, even if you are stuck on part of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.