Hi every one
I need help:
How I can make hilpe files with (hlp)extension to My APP.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Visual Studio has a tool called Help Workshop under Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 tools. Note: This will work only for WinHelp and not for Html Help.

Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Tools -> Help Workshop

You start the Help workshop. Choose New from file menu and select Help Project. Now you will get a Project File name dialog box. You enter the help file name you want to create in Help File text box. You select File option and you get a Topic files dialog box. You click file and choose add and select the help file you have created. Now say OK. Then click Save and Compile button. This will create a .hlp file. Now select Run Winhelp option from file menu of help workshop. This will display the current help project in the file box. You can click the view help to view the help file.

Another Program that can make .chm and .hlp. It is also REALLY easy to use because you write your files in a RichTextBox enviroment. Check it out (HelpMaker):

http://www.vizacc.com/

Also checkout the attached zip file which contains some documentation and references of how to create, open .hlp help files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.