Hi All,
Hope I'm now at the right place. Well.... I have a numeric field and I want to format the field as follows in the select statement. How should I do it??

For eg.
9000 - 9,000
10000 - 10,000
120200 - 1,20,200
etc....
Simply an indian format. How is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It seems that .NET does not support Indian formatting for some reason. You have to implement formatting yourself, for example write your own (overloaded) ToString method. Shouldn't be that hard to write code for this.

I did find a one .NET implementation for this (both numbers and dates Indian Number & Date format, but the source code is in C#.

Hi All,
Hope I'm now at the right place. Well.... I have a numeric field and I want to format the field as follows in the select statement. How should I do it??

For eg.
9000 - 9,000
10000 - 10,000
120200 - 1,20,200
etc....
Simply an indian format. How is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Try this
Format(yourNo, "#,##0")
all the best

Try this :
Go to Control Panel >>>> Regional Options >>> Numbers and change the "Digit Grouping" like 12,34,56,789 then OK

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Label1.Text = Format(Your No., "##,##0")
End Sub

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.