Hello everyone,

got a really strange and annoying error. When i compile my program i get 2 errors and 2 warnings all 4 to do with stdlib.h

error C2381: 'exit' : redefinition; __declspec(noreturn) differs c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\stdlib.h 371

i did a little research on the problem and found it was something to do with a conflict between glut and stdlib so i did what they asked me to do add GLUT_BUILDING_LIB to the preprocessors.

compiled again this time with 72 errors and 11 warnings

all 72 of the errors are linking errors

Error 61 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glutIdleFunc@4 referenced in function "private: void __thiscall Viewer::GLInit(void)" (?GLInit@Viewer@@AAEXXZ)

i'm really stumped as to what needs to be done

-midi

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds to me like you need to link the required libraries into your project ready for linking

Chris

would you care to explain that in a little more detail?

my program was working fine no linker errors untill i added GLUT into the processors list.

but if i dont have that in there then i get errors with the exit function in stblib. Even though i'm not using exit.

-matt

From what i am understanding adding this
GLUT_BUILDING_LIB
Fixed the original problem. Now you are trying to compile glut code. To do this not only do you need to include the header files but also the library files....you need to tell the linker which library files it will need.

Chris

From what i am understanding adding this
GLUT_BUILDING_LIB
Fixed the original problem. Now you are trying to compile glut code. To do this not only do you need to include the header files but also the library files....you need to tell the linker which library files it will need.

Chris

thanks Chris, i understand what your saying i just never had to do it until now :P

oh well gotta learn sometime.

thanks again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.