is there any place i can find some Open Source cell phone code written in Java, where i can use a IDE and check it out and maybe even test it on my phone?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

is there any place i can find some Open Source cell phone code written in Java, where i can use a IDE and check it out and maybe even test it on my phone?

What you mean by "Open Source cell phone code"? You looking just for some code examples to learn o you want to participate in open source development?

First step would be, find if your Brand Company allows open development for the model.

I own a Samsung instinct and I know Sprint offers emulator, api's and sample code for testing.

Otherwise you might have to buy a development package including a special version of the phone, software, and api's.

hey thanks peter, your alot of help for me.

and i have a verizon ..LG-VX8300

Hey, whats up peter...its been awhile..i got a new phone.. black berry storm ..i didnt really make any programs besides what i took in class.but i did try to make a theme for my black berry storm/..it was all provided from research in motion..the guys who built the blackberry.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.