I have python 2.6 portable and would pop error when I import wx.
After some search, I found The prementioned package missing in the XP system. I downloaded and Installed and went fine. My Question is : Is there any way to add vcredist_x86.exe's missing DLL direct to wxpython directory so that I don't have to reinstall in every machine (which erases the meaning of portable)?

Here is the error that poped before I installed it:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
import wx
File "C:\python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
from wx._core import *
File "C:\python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.8-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 4, in <module>
import _core_
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
>>>

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I would avoid using Python26 with wxPython. I had problems and went back to Python25.

If you have Visual Studio installed, the redistributable dlls are in the VC\redist\[architecture]\*CRT folder in your visual studio program files.

Consult the documentation for information on which libraries you are allowed to redistribute.

So my question goes like this, where in wxpython site packages, or in python do I need to include those dll and which of them do I need to include for me to run it anywhere without error??

Put the Microsoft visual C runtime (msvcrxx.dll) in the same folder as the python executable.

but msvcr71.dll is there!
Could it be something obsolete to be used with python2.6?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.