strcpy(BlankPattern,string);
		//For Deleting NULL value from String
		for(i=0;i<15;i++){
			if(BlankPattern[i]=='#')
				BlankPattern[i-1]='#';
		}
		return BlankPattern;
}

I created a global 2D array and in InsertInfos() Function Inserts a string to elements 0 to 14 of array and if length of string inserted by user is less than 15 chars the BlankImprover(char *string) Function Fills rest of string by '#'. the Regenerated String will put on array.
EX: CIN>>name -->"mahdi"
VALUE TO Fill The Array: "mahdi##########"
other elements of array Student[][] will fill later. bu the problem is this:
in main() block ,cout<<student[j]; does not outputs "mahdi##########" in first 15 elements of array and prints null value. infact the text user inserted does not exist in array. please help me! why?
what is my mistake?

line 32 and 33: That doesn't work because the string is located in read-only memory, and attempting to write to that memory will most likely fail. Correction: This puts the string in writeable memory. char BlankPattern[]="###############"; line 39: The above doesn't work either because you can not return a character array from a function. So your only choice is to allocate memory. Note that the calling function will have to call delete[] to properly destroy this string.

char* BlankPattern = new char[16];
    // copy at most 15 characters to BlankPattern
    // if [b]string[/b] is longer than that, then the remaining
    // characters are ignored.
    strncpy(BlankPattern, string, 15);
    // now fill remaining positions with '#'
    for(int n = strlen(string); i < 15; n++)
        BlankPattern[n] = '#';
    BlankPattern[15] = 0;
    return BlankPattern;
}

Also, lines 13 and 14: why not just output it as a string with one simple line: cout << student[i] << "\n"; . The j loop is completly unnecessary.

Also, lines 13 and 14: why not just output it as a string with one simple line: cout << student[i] << "\n"; . The j loop is completly unnecessary.

Thank u Very Much Mr/Mrs Moderator. My Problem Solved. It was My First Post on DaniWeb. I Studied Something.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.