hi there, im currently working on my own cd ripping program using c# and wpf and was wondering what the best solution for this problem is?

my xaml code is as follows:

<ListView x:Name="trackList" VerticalAlignment="Top" Margin="0,100,0,0" Height="200" SelectionChanged="trackSelect" FontFamily="Comic Sans MS">
                        <ListView.ItemTemplate>
                            <DataTemplate>

<StackPanel>

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0,0,0,0">
                                            <CheckBox Name="checkbox" />
                                            <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="{Binding Path=number}" />
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="{Binding Path=title}" />
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="/" />
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="{Binding Path=artist}" />
                                    </StackPanel>
                                    <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="Track Size:" />
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="{Binding Path=sizeMiB}">MiB</TextBlock>
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="Track Length:" />
                                        <TextBlock Padding="3" Text="{Binding Path=length}">minutes</TextBlock>
                                    </StackPanel>

</StackPanel>

</DataTemplate>
                        </ListView.ItemTemplate>
                    </ListView>

Now supposing that this generates a list of about 10 diffirent items, how can I then identify which checkboxes have been checked? Its impossible to bind a value to the Name attribute of <CheckBox> and I cant use the value of ListView's selectedindex as it is used for another function.

Is there a way to iterate through each checkbox and evaluate if it has been checked?

Cheers for any help.

solved, the idea of binding isChecked to a value in my object had never occured to me.

cheers anyway ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.