Hi,
First off I would like to say how much I like python, it really is an amazing programming language. Anyway I am using python and wxpython and have made a program with a text entry field. I have added a tooltip, but the tooltip only shows up once every time the program is run, you have to restart the program to get the tooltip to show again. Can this be changed so that every time the user holds the mouse over the object the tooltip is shown and not just for the first time?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have noticed that too when you only have one widget with a tooltip. If you have two or more widgets with tooltips then it works just fine. Beats me!

ah ok, thanks for the info

Actually I have just discovered that you can have one widget with a ToolTip, and you can get the ToolTip message to show just fine. But if you hover your mouse too long over the widget, the ToolTip goes away and doesn't come back!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.