After compiling a QBasic program, an object code file is created (.obj).
My question is: How do I look at that file?
I've tried opening it with a number of different programs, but all I get is gibberish.
Thanks for any help....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The object file is a file of basically compiled binary. You can't view it in an understandable way..... you could use a hex editor, or some other means of numbering to know what is going on, but for most people.... you might as well consider the object file the same as the EXE (they are not, an EXE is linked, where as an object file is NOT linked... but essentially, they are both compiled).

The object file is a file of basically compiled binary. You can't view it in an understandable way..... you could use a hex editor, or some other means of numbering to know what is going on, but for most people.... you might as well consider the object file the same as the EXE (they are not, an EXE is linked, where as an object file is NOT linked... but essentially, they are both compiled).

When I run the EXE file, I get an error at some address. How do I find were that problem is?... Thanks

You're talking about QBasic, on what operating system by chance?

You're talking about QBasic, on what operating system by chance?

It's a windows 2000 OS but, of course, QBasic runs in a DOS emulated window.

There has been a lot of talk about QBasic being a 16 bit programming language.... while later versions of windows are not. This causes a problem when trying to run a compiled EXE that's compiled for 16 bit..... there are threads on here regarding the same situation. Check under Forum Index at the top, then click qbasic/visual basic... you'll find a couple threads on using qbasic (exe's and ide's) with later versions of windows. (doesn't look like anything good).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.