Can anyone tell me how to get rid of console window? I'm writing a gui program for an assignment... Spoiled by VB... I use the console for troubleshooting while testing or writing code, but would like to make it invisible or close it while sharing with the class. (We run the programs in the JCreator LE compiler in class.)

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If your using JCreator, I think this is your only solution: MINIMIZE!

Thanks, crash...

Do you know a way to minimize the console from within the program?

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of console window? I'm writing a gui program for an assignment... Spoiled by VB... I use the console for troubleshooting while testing or writing code, but would like to make it invisible or close it while sharing with the class. (We run the programs in the JCreator LE compiler in class.)

Thanks

for that u have to make it to a ".exe" file in windows for a standalone
executable application
for that pupose u can user JExpress .it's a great tool.

Try using JBuilder - you can get a free trial from borland.com. JBuilder automatically gets rid of the console. Also, try using exe4j - it's another good program that makes .class files .exe.

:cheesy: C++

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.