Hi,
I have created a project using MS Access db its working fine except one. A dialogue box opens up when running its exe, saying "Please enter MS JET OLE DB initialization information."
But I have provided all the DB connection information and other related information at runtime during initialization of the first form itself.

What am i supposed to do to correct it?
Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What kind of access are you using? ADO, ADODC, DAO, DAO ODBCDirect, RDO?, What version of Access? If ADO, are you using a DSN?

What kind of access are you using? ADO, ADODC, DAO, DAO ODBCDirect, RDO?, What version of Access? If ADO, are you using a DSN?

I use ADO without DSN.

What are you supposed to do to correct it...

Step through the code with F8 to find out where the dialog box is being spawned from. Then check that connection string with the rest of your connection strings (if you have more than one connection string) to see if there is a difference. Check the help files and see what it says and if necessary check www.connectionstrings.com.

I'm betting that the offending connection string has a true value where there should be a false value or the adPrompt(spelling) value set when it should be adNoPrompt(spelling).

NOTE: (Spelling) off the top of my head may be other constants but I hope that you get what I'm trying to say.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.