Hi,

I am reasonably new to C# and Visual Studio, so any help with this problem will be much appreciated!

At the moment I have a C# Windows Application which runs various vb scripts which are included within the project. This works without any problems, however, I would like the scripts to be embedded into the .exe file that is produced when the project is compiled. This will mean that when i move and run the exe file I wont need to move all the scripts along with it.

Firstly, is this actually possible? Is there an easy way to do this? I noticed that there is a "build action" that can be changed to "Embedded resource" - I though would have fixed me problem, however, as far as I can see, this has made no difference!

Thanks in advance,
Greg

you can embed them as resources by right clicking the properties under solution explorer, under your project. then double click the resources, then add existing item. i attached an example project.

Thanks for getting back to me Serkan. I will have a look over this example and give it a go :)

thanks again

you can embed them as resources by right clicking the properties under solution explorer, under your project. then double click the resources, then add existing item. i attached an example project.

I had a look at your code and it looks very helpful. I cannot, however, open the solution as it has been created with a newer version of Visual Studio :( would you happen to have a copy of this project which will work with Visual Studio 2003?

Many thanks

unfortunately i dont have visual studio 2003 installed on my computer. you can however, download c# 2005 express edition for free from microsoft.com.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.