i am a newbie in this...can u plzz send me the code for....creating a file in the folder with userID & password.
i:e if any one wants to access that file he should first enter the ID& password....please help me ASAP.
keenly waiting for ur reply with "FULL CODE"

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,
You can ZIP the file as password protected. This would prompt with user-id and password.
Else you can use JAVA encryption, but this would not fully solve your requirement
http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/javax.crypto/DesFile.html

i am a newbie in this...can u plzz send me the code for....creating a file in the folder with userID & password.
i:e if any one wants to access that file he should first enter the ID& password....please help me ASAP.

yeah.....this not going to solve my problem.....can u plzz provide me code for creating file with user id and pass...so that other can only view not edit that file...if possible reply soon

i am a newbie in this

I can see that.

please help me

That's good, ask politely. But

ASAP. keenly waiting for ur reply with "FULL CODE"

since most of us answer these questions beside their day-time jobs, you can't expect: ASAP "FULL CODE".

Ok. Sai_Vargheese offered a solution that works with files (every files). You didn't specify what kind of files you're actually talking about. Also, do you need a VB.NET code which protects a document created by your own application?

creating a file in the folder with userID & password.

The only way I know to do that is to create a folder and the file on a server itself, where you can set the permission as you like. Are you taking about folder and file on local HDD or server?

please help me ASAP

Why ASAP? i am not in hurry. are you?

FULL CODE? Do you want a help file also?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.