Without using some new language like Perl, how would one be able to access a web-page, given specific session information?

And also, which C/C++ libraries are good for doing this kind of job?

If this is at all a weird question, I'll explain. I'd like to be able to write a script that parses a remote file for specific tags and information between those tags, but in order to do so I must be logged into an account (or rather, have some kind of connection between me and my personal information).

Let's say that a website has the web page www.mypage.com/index and when you attempt to go to that page without first establishing a session you will get redirected to a page that requests your login information. This means that if I try to access the remote file from a C++ program, I'll most likely parse tags that are not of interest to me. I need to be able to somehow send login information with the location of the file, but I'm uncertain of how to do this.

If this is still confusing, my apologies. Long-story short I'd like to access a file with a generic address and still be able to get my personal data, without manually logging into the site (basically, logging in from the application itself and access the file after, or send session data while accessing the file, or some other better alternative).

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My answer is Yes. You have to use Microsoft Visual C++ and MFC class library. For further information, read MFC Internet Programming at http://msdn.microsoft.com/

My answer is Yes. You have to use Microsoft Visual C++ and MFC class library. For further information, read MFC Internet Programming at http://msdn.microsoft.com/

You don't have to use MFC or VC++. There's loads of other options out there.

Thanks, Great!. I have no idea about other options. I will be greatful to you if you can explain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.