i have a thorough knowledge C and a little bit of practice of C but i wanted to be a good C programer can anybody tell me how i can do it are ther any good books which can provide me good practice of C

jephthah commented: you so funny. here's your points back +10

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Books don't make you a better programmer, practice makes you a better programmer.

"thorough knowledge"? but little practical experience??

LOL :)

sorry bud, you don't have a thorough knowledge of C, until you gain lots of experience. i've been programming C for years and the more i program the more i realize i don't know. in fact, i really don't know a damn thing.

you can start here http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-hook_duttaC.html but i really recommend that you build applications and modify other people's applications.

if you dont have a job where you program in C, find some advanced problems to work on. you could start looking at linux source code and trying to modify programs to do custom things. wading through mountains of other people's C code, and trying to modify it, will give you a lot of exposure.

commented: :D +9
commented: Good one there jephtah +2

"thorough knowledge"? but little practical experience??

LOL :)

sorry bud, you don't have a thorough knowledge of C, until you gain lots of experience. i've been programming C for years and the more i program the more i realize i don't know. in fact, i really don't know a damn thing.

you can start here http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-hook_duttaC.html but i really recommend that you build applications and modify other people's applications.

if you dont have a job where you program in C, find some advanced problems to work on. you could start looking at linux source code and trying to modify programs to do custom things. wading through mountains of other people's C code, and trying to modify it, will give you a lot of exposure.

thanks brother for your knowledge

>thanks brother for your knowledge
Thank him for his experience:)

commented: Ya his experience !!! Well said !!! +2

meh, dont thank me for anything.

i was just repeating something i read in a book somewhere.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.