Hi;

Does anyone know how 2 use jni??? I want to figure out the CPU temperature. Can somebody teach me how?

Thanx in advanced,
C++

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Do you even have any kind of hardware that gets the temperature?

no, but in the boot menu u can get all that info, so i thought you dont need extra hardware

Where is this boot menu at? I don't think what your seeing is the temperature, it might be the % usage of some process, but not the temperature.

hit F8 when your computer is starting up to get the boot menu - boot menu may not be the proper name. Srry 4 being unclear.

Anyway, is there a way to find the % of CPU usage

Yes, you can get the usage, availible RAM, and stuff like that, using this class:

System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter

I don't have any examples handy, or I would post some code.

i tried what u said, but the class doesn't exist

the code u gave me is for .NET

i tried what u said, but the class doesn't exist

I am really sorry, that's a class in C#(syntax looks the same!). My mistake. I do think there is a way of doing this using JNI.

Look at this thread, I think it might help:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=578911&messageID=2915348

I believe you have to do a bunch of other things besides in java to get the CPU usage.

Is this just as like a novelity program beacuse you can download tools to do that.

no, its sorta like task manager

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.