Hi,
In vb.net2008 if we want to disable/enable the groupbox
as per condition.Then how its possible when we used save button.how its insert into database.following is the code:

Imports System.Data.OleDb
Public Class addcust 
Dim da As OleDbDataAdapter 
Dim ds As DataSet 
Dim cmd As OleDbCommand 
Dim cmd1 As OleDbCommand 
Dim cid As Integer 
Dim rc As Integer 
Dim s As String 
Dim r As String 
Dim ch As Integer 
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click 
Module1.connect() 
If TextBox1.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Customer's First Name") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox2.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Customer's Last Name") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox3.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Office Address") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox4.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Home Address") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
'If DateTimePicker. = "" Then 
'MsgBox("Please, Enter a Date Of Birth") 
'Exit Sub 
'End If 
If ComboBox2.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Gender") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox5.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Email ID") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox6.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Office Phone") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox7.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Home Phone") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox8.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Account Number") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If ComboBox3.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Account type") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
'If TextBox9.Text = "" Then 
'MsgBox("Please, Enter a ATM Number") 
'Exit Sub 
'End If 
If TextBox10.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Balance") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If ComboBox3.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Date") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox13.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Name1") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox14.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Name2") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
If TextBox15.Text = "" Then 
MsgBox("Please, Enter a Name3") 
Exit Sub 
End If 
'If MsgBox("Are You Sure ? ", MsgBoxStyle.YesNo, "Confirm") = MsgBoxResult.Yes Then 
If ComboBox1.Text = "Personal" Then 
s = "insert into addcust(first_name,last_name,office_add,home_add,d_o_b,gender,email_id,office_ph,home_ph,account_no,acc_type,balance,date,acc_desc) values('" & TextBox1.Text & "','" & TextBox2.Text & "','" & TextBox3.Text & "','" & TextBox4.Text & "','" & dtp1.Value & "','" & ComboBox2.Text & "','" & TextBox5.Text & "'," & CInt(TextBox6.Text) & "," & CInt(TextBox7.Text) & ",'" & TextBox8.Text & "','" & ComboBox3.Text & "'," & CInt(TextBox9.Text) & ",'" & dtp2.Value & "'," & CInt(TextBox10.Text) & ",'" & ComboBox1.Text & "'" 
Else 
s = "insert into addcust values('" & TextBox1.Text & "','" & TextBox2.Text & "','" & TextBox3.Text & "','" & TextBox4.Text & "','" & dtp1.Value & "','" & ComboBox2.Text & "','" & TextBox5.Text & "'," & CInt(TextBox6.Text) & "," & CInt(TextBox7.Text) & ",'" & TextBox8.Text & "','" & ComboBox3.Text & "'," & CInt(TextBox9.Text) & ",'" & dtp2.Value & "'," & CInt(TextBox10.Text) & ",'" & ComboBox1.Text & "','" & TextBox13.Text & "','" & TextBox14.Text & "','" & TextBox15.Text & "'" 
's = InsertRecords("banking", "first_name", Trim(TextBox1.Text), "last_name", Trim(TextBox2.Text), "office_add", Trim(TextBox3.Text), "home_add", Trim(TextBox4.Text), "d_o_b", (dtp1.Value), "gender", Trim(ComboBox2.Text), "email_id", Trim(TextBox5.Text), "office_ph", CInt(TextBox6.Text), "home_ph", CInt(TextBox7.Text), "account_no", Trim(TextBox8.Text), "acc_type", ComboBox3.Text, "balace", Trim(TextBox9.Text), "date", dtp2.Value, "acc_desc", ComboBox1.Text, "name1", Trim(TextBox13.Text), "name2", Trim(TextBox14.Text), "name3", Trim(TextBox15.Text), "pix", Trim(TextBox11.Text)) 

cmd = New OleDbCommand(s, conn) 
conn.Open() 
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() 
MsgBox("Record has been entered") 
Button1.Enabled = False 
End If 
End Sub 
Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click 
custview.Show() 
Me.Close() 
End Sub 
Private Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click 
OpenFileDialog1.Title = "Get Image" 
OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() 
If (TextBox11.Text.Trim() <> "") Then 
PictureBox1.Image = Image.FromFile(TextBox11.Text) 
End If 
End Sub 
Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click 
PictureBox1.Image = Nothing 
End Sub 
Private Sub TextBox11_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles 
TextBox11.TextChanged 
End Sub 
Private Sub OpenFileDialog1_FileOk(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs) Handles OpenFileDialog1.FileOk 
TextBox11.Text = OpenFileDialog1.FileName 
End Sub 
Private Sub ComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles 
ComboBox1.SelectedIndexChanged 
If ComboBox1.Text = "Personal" Then 
GroupBox3.Enabled = False 
Else 
GroupBox3.Enabled = True 
End If 

End Sub
End Class

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

AFAIK the only way to do it is to place the save button outside the group box control. Without knowing how your applications UI looks like (and how you want it to look like), I would put the Save, Ok, Cancel and similar buttons outside of the group box and enable/disable them separately.

HTH

you have written the code to insert the values into the database.. then u are asking how to insert into database...
well If I am guessing right, you want to save into database after hiding the groupbox?? or may be there's some other problem??

you have written the code to insert the values into the database.. then u are asking how to insert into database...
well If I am guessing right, you want to save into database after hiding the groupbox?? or may be there's some other problem??

yes,this is my problem actually after disabling the groupbox when i insert the record into database by clicking on save button its gives the error on textbox which specify in disable groupbox.Actually,I want that when user select the personal account then groupbox of joint account disable and textbox in that groupbox also not working and when user select the joint account then this groupbox enable with textbox specify int it.but when i select the personnal a/c ,its no doubt disable the groupbox but not disable the textbox specify in groupbox.so,how i insert my record.

Thanx,
Regards,
Sandeep

yes,this is my problem actually after disabling the groupbox when i insert the record into database by clicking on save button its gives the error on textbox which specify in disable groupbox.Actually,I want that when user select the personal account then groupbox of joint account disable and textbox in that groupbox also not working and when user select the joint account then this groupbox enable with textbox specify int it.but when i select the personnal a/c ,its no doubt disable the groupbox but not disable the textbox specify in groupbox.so,how i insert my record.

Thanx,
Regards,
Sandeep

I am not sure, but if you want to use the text box from the groupbox then why to disable the groupbox at all? Or save the data from that textbox into some variable and then disable the groupbox.

I am not sure, but if you want to use the text box from the groupbox then why to disable the groupbox at all? Or save the data from that textbox into some variable and then disable the groupbox.

actually its as per condition.I have a project on banking system.so there is two type of account personal and joint a/c.so,as per condition if user select the joint a/c then he must be specified the name of other members who is involved in joint a/c for that i specify the textbox in groupbox.and if user select the personal a/c then these textbox must be disable.but in this coding when user select the personal a/c,its giving the error,"plz enter the name" which is a first textbox of joint a/c specify in groupbox.

Regards,
Sandeep

actually its as per condition.I have a project on banking system.so there is two type of account personal and joint a/c.so,as per condition if user select the joint a/c then he must be specified the name of other members who is involved in joint a/c for that i specify the textbox in groupbox.and if user select the personal a/c then these textbox must be disable.but in this coding when user select the personal a/c,its giving the error,"plz enter the name" which is a first textbox of joint a/c specify in groupbox.

Regards,
Sandeep

can you please attach the snapshot of your form here.. so we can get an idea of what actually your problem is...

as far as i can guess..u want to disable the groupbox but also want to extract data from there also..or is it like after disabling the goupbox you want to enter the data(which incase is notpossible).. or you may put that textbox outside the groupbox...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.