i have recently installed wxpython on python2.5 and wrote the following code

import wx
app = wx.App()
app.MainLoop()

Then i got this error(attached file) , and i have no idea what it talks about.
Traceback <most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1 , in <module>
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\_windows.py",line 493

in_init_
newobj = _windows_.new_Frame(*args , **kwargs)

wx._core.PyNoAppError : the wx.App object msut be vreated first!

i have no idea on wat to do..

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I get this error if I run a wxPython program more than one time from within IDLE. For some reason, IDLE buggers it up, which is why I don't develop with it. If you close IDLE and re-open your script and run it once, it should work the first time, and then give you this error on each subsequent call.
Just write your code in a better editor and run it from the command line to test it. That way you can avoid IDLE :P

well any other ingenious method.. since i am new to python and i just installed it . is there any other way can i solve the issue may be some other toolkit or stuff , i guess it would be better if everything comes in a pack.
is there ne ide which provided everything in a pack.

Basically its a fault with IDLE, i get this problem a lot, so what i do is i write my code in IDLE and then i run it through the command line. Because as much as you can try there isnt a way around this.

I searched for ages, on the newsgroups and such, people have had this problem a lot before but no-one is going out of there way to fix it as it isnt something that is killing the language, its just a small bug.

Basically its a fault with IDLE, i get this problem a lot, so what i do is i write my code in IDLE and then i run it through the command line. Because as much as you can try there isnt a way around this.

I searched for ages, on the newsgroups and such, people have had this problem a lot before but no-one is going out of there way to fix it as it isnt something that is killing the language, its just a small bug.

Go for Wing IDE 101
www.wingware.com
It is free stripped version of Wing Pro/Personal Ed

If we are talking about possible replacement IDE's then i would say Netbeans. I actually payed for the personal version of wing IDE but in the end i went back to using netbeans just because i like it so much better.

If you download netbeans, you can add a plugin for python. YOu can also use netbeans with any other language you are learning such as Java, C++, C, and more.

http://www.netbeans.org/

EDIT: HAhahaha! My 666th post, should you trust it? :P

If we are talking about possible replacement IDE's then i would say Netbeans. I actually payed for the personal version of wing IDE but in the end i went back to using netbeans just because i like it so much better.

If you download netbeans, you can add a plugin for python. YOu can also use netbeans with any other language you are learning such as Java, C++, C, and more.

http://www.netbeans.org/

EDIT: HAhahaha! My 666th post, should you trust it? :P

I used to make followup long ago. NBPython team have really worked hard, but since when I get in Wing stuffs I forgot NB. It is really Big IDE for PHP and I guess Java. I will give it a Try again

Anyway, If we could measure your brain, we could be in position of trusting/Not trusting. Since I can't do that, I'll take it positively. 666 posts? Oh Man, very Big :)

yep i had downloaded the wingware IDE and it wasnt a free software, apart from wing IDE , do u suggest ne thing else i guess netbeans should do good.

yep i had downloaded the wingware IDE and it wasnt a free software, apart from wing IDE , do u suggest ne thing else i guess netbeans should do good.

wing IDE 101 is free of charge. I guess you downloaded Personal or Pro edition

On Windows, I just use Notepad++ as an editor and then I run scripts from the console. On Ubuntu, I use gedit to write and then again, I run the scripts from the console. I don't need all those fancy schmancy IDEs :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.