Is it possible to make a window with no border or title bar but is still resizable? I know I could put some tricky code to check for click and drag using some sort of panel control or something that blends in with the border, but before I did that I just wanted to check if there was an easier way.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

of course, set the formborderstyle to siziabletoolwidow. then simply change the controlbox property to false, then you get a titlebarless window. still the border, but I believe you can clip the display region by the client rectangle to get rid of the border. but as for the code involved, I'm not quite sure.

of course, set the formborderstyle to siziabletoolwidow. then simply change the controlbox property to false, then you get a titlebarless window. still the border, but I believe you can clip the display region by the client rectangle to get rid of the border. but as for the code involved, I'm not quite sure.

Ohh thanks! I also had to delete the form caption, as its title bar did not go away until I did that.

well yeah, that too. glad I could help.
furthermore, writing code to mimic the resizable from borders isn't that difficult anyhow. you could easily use conditions of mouse position in conjunction with the SetBounds method in windows.forms namespace. or an even lazier way you could create user controls for an app, use them to draw custom borders on, in conjunction to using them to put resizing code on.
But its all in how far you feel like going.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.