I'm juz wondering how do I send a single value to a 8-parameter function...

void enterdata1(int &row1col2)
{
    cout<<"Please enter the number for Row 1-Columm 2"<<endl;
    cin>>row1col2;
    if(row1col2 != 1 && row1col2 != 2&& row1col2 != 3 && row1col2 != 4)
    {
                cout<<"Please enter the correct number (Which is between 1-4)"<<endl;
                cin>>row1col2;
    }
     displaydata(row1col2);
}

void displaydata( int &row1col1,int &row1col2,int &row1col3,int &row1col4,int &row2col1,
                  int &row2col2,int &row2col3,int &row2col4,int &row3col1,int &row3col2,
                  int &row3col3,int &row3col4,int &row4col1,int &row4col2,int &row4col3,
                  int &row4col4)
{
    cout<<" |-"<<"-"<<"-|-"<<"-"<<"-|-"<<"-"<<"-|-"<<"-"<<"-|"<<endl;
    cout<<" | "<<row1col1<<" | "<<row1col2<<" | "<<row1col3<<" | "<<row1col4<<" |"<<endl;
    cout<<" | "<<row2col1<<" | "<<row2col2<<" | "<<row2col3<<" | "<<row2col4<<" |"<<endl;
    cout<<" | "<<row3col1<<" | "<<row3col2<<" | "<<row3col3<<" | "<<row3col4<<" |"<<endl;
    cout<<" | "<<row4col1<<" | "<<row4col2<<" | "<<row4col3<<" | "<<row4col4<<" |"<<endl;

system("pause");
}

how do i send to the correct variable...since the displaydata has more than one parameter

If you only pass one parameter to the function then what's the program supposed to do with the other 8?? Besides, regardless of the name of the variable that you're sending the data will go to the first parameter in the function. So basically you're sending row1col2 to row1col1... which is not what you want to do. Why can't you pass all 8 parameters at the same time? You can have the function enterdata1() just return the value to main and have main call the displaydata() function with all 8 parameters.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.