Hi everyone!

I am starting my first year of college classes next week with an intended entry into a computer science major. I am most proficient in Java and PHP, and understand that C++ and the former are vastly different.

In doing some research, I have found that my professor for this class is a bit quirky and is quite ineffective at teaching the language. As such, I want to get a small head start on getting familiar with the language. I have always been interested in working with C or C++, and school finally has given me my excuse to actually work with it.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good tutorials and such given my background in higher level programming languages.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well , Mr Stroustrup's book "The C++ Programming Language " would give you much insight on the language. keeping in mind that you are already familiar to OOPS it would be worth the effort of reading such a book :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.