Hello everyone! I am new to visual studio 2008 and asp.net websites so please go easy on me. I am hoping to be able to set this up and I would like some expert advice so I do it in the most efficient way.

I would like to set up many websites with a basic template code in c#. Each website will have a list of unique configurations and a unique mysql database. But the core website design and wording will be the same. So if the main page says "Welcome to SiteName!" and I change this to "Hello and welcome to SiteName!" this change will take effect on all websites. The SiteName will be a variable that depends on each site's configuration, as an example.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for the best way to set this up? Is there anything within Visual Studio that is made for this situation?

i think you can do that using the same master page for all the websites and then a custom configuration xml file located somewhere in your application folder.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.