Hello,

I would like to work on POSIX thread programming using TC v3.0. The required libraries for its development are STL (that's what I got from some online research). Could anyone please let me know:

1.) Where to download STL libraries.
2.) How to configure them with TC v3.0
3.) Are the specific library files pthread.h and mqueue.h are i suppose included in the STL library package?

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>>I would like to work on POSIX thread programming using TC v3.0

You can't -- that compiler is too ancient.

STL is supplied with a compiler because it is compiler-implementation specific. Your compiler doesn't have it because the compiler pre-dates STL. Upgrade to a modern compiler such as Code::Blocks or VC++ 2008 Express and you will have the STL for that compiler.

commented: Well said +36

Thank you for the information. I understand it now that the compiler is too old to implement thread programming. I have installed Dev C++ on my system and I am getting used to it. However in its include files I did not find the "pthread.h" and "mqueue.h" files required for thread programming and IPC messaging. I could find them online somehow, but does it require special configuration of sort, or should I insert them in the include folder?

Thank you.

>>I would like to work on POSIX thread programming using TC v3.0

You can't -- that compiler is too ancient.

STL is supplied with a compiler because it is compiler-implementation specific. Your compiler doesn't have it because the compiler pre-dates STL. Upgrade to a modern compiler such as Code::Blocks or VC++ 2008 Express and you will have the STL for that compiler.

pthread.h is not natively supported on MS-Windows operating system. But you can get win32 port of that.

commented: You're doing an incredible job here :) (not sarcastic :P) +21
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.