Hi please help me to install libxml2-2.7.1 and libxslt-1.1.24.tar.gz fot python 2.5.2.
When i try to install libxml2-2.7.1, i gets installed but when i import the libxml2 in python interpreter then i get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "libxml2.py", line 1, in <module>
import libxml2mod
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined symbol: xmlTextReaderSetup

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance

You have to install both libxml2 and the python binding for libxml2. You can find download links for both libraries here http://xmlsoft.org/ What distro are you using. Most disto's package managers can install these.

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined symbol:

See if the python bindings for libxml2 are in /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/. They could very well be installed in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ (no /local). If so, just symlink to /usr/local/lib...etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.