hi friends,
recently I came o know about internet bots.Can someone help me in creating a simple web BOT for tasks like automatically signing in into my gmail account,sending a particular email to all my frnds,then in orkut checking for any visitors and giving the list to me in a text file.
Language I prefer is c or c++.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

with regards

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

uhhhh.... Do you even know C++? No one can help you if you don't even know the basics.

commented: Irrelevant +0

You're better off just doing these things manually, trust me. It's 100x more work to make this bot than it is to just do it yourself.

youtube it.

uhhhh.... Do you even know C++? No one can help you if you don't even know the basics.

yeah.. I am pretty good in c and C++. Will it be enough? HEard the all process is much easier using visual c.

You're better off just doing these things manually, trust me. It's 100x more work to make this bot than it is to just do it yourself.

Actually i dont think it wont me practical in my case as numerous tasks has to be done.Can atleast suggest how to do this stuff in c or c++

>>for tasks like automatically signing in into my gmail account,sending a particular email to all my frnds,

Well,You could basically use an Email client to sign into gmail check for new mails and then sending an email to all of your friends. Why do you need to re-invent the wheel for such a task?

>>then in orkut checking for any visitors and giving the list to me in a text file

Well when this comes into the picture, it takes a little finace to do it.

The first thing your c++ program must do is to learn on how to open a webpage with C++. This might take a while understanding, but a google search always helps :)
You will also find many threads on this forum for opening a particular webpage.

The second thing you should do is to view the source of your orkut home page and understand where exactly your visitor links are displayed in the source. After that its prettymuch PARSING through the code.

Though this might sound pretty simple, it actually is not so easy as the home page requires you to fill in a user id and password. So i guess that You should concentrate to get more knowledge about both HTML & C++ (OPENING WEB PAGES ) and the basic methodology of ISTREAMS,STRINGSTREAMS,File-Streams and PARSING.

Note: Though this might give you a brief explanation its just a prototype which gives you a basic idea and not the exact requirements. Projects like these might take months for a novice programmer itself.

Seems to me like a case of not using the right tools for the job.

Doing this as a browser plugin would be a snap (by comparison).

Starting where you are, you're basically saying "I need to use gmail to send an email - I know, first thing I'll do is write a really crappy web browser to fetch web pages and do a half-assed job of parsing the HTML and running the embedded scripts".

commented: The Browser Plugin Idea is exactly what my post missed. :) +9
commented: Heh, nice spot :) +22

Hello,

I have a basic knowledge about c++ and html, Can you tell me all direct me , how to create an auto bot that could go to a site and click a link and then copy the text data over there.. ??

Here, we don't require any login or register. But, it should just go to the page and click the link.

Thanks in advance..,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.