dear experts,

how to compare two different columns to check that whether the values in the cell are same or different using excel 2007...

thanks in advance,

4ukh

can i use vlookup() with some condition???

dear experts,

how to compare two different columns to check that whether the values in the cell are same or different using excel 2007...

thanks in advance,

4ukh

hi,

u can use this function

A1 B1 =EXACT(A1,B1)

Chennai Chennai TRUE
Chennai Chenna FALSE

Regards By SiBiSa

please share =vlookup()

4ukh

dear experts,

thanks in advance,

4ukh

Try to use the formula bar in excel to compare the values in a cell. You can type =a1(first value)=a2(second value) then press enter. If excel shows it's true then they are of the same value otherwise, they do have different values.

cohiba cigars

Try to use the formula bar in excel to compare the values in a cell. You can type =a1(first value)=a2(second value) then press enter. If excel shows it's true then they are of the same value otherwise, they do have different values.

cohiba cigars

thank you but that doesn't work for me actually i need to find the value of the cell/cells of a column where given criteria match like:

column A, B and C contains some values and there is an outer sheet but in this case case same sheet but different columns like G,H and I where "I" is empty yet waiting for the information from the column "C" where column A and B match the columns G and H respectively.

simply speaking i want to grab the data form a cell where conditions match.

please help

thank you guys

regards

4ukh

I'm very familiar with the Vlookup function.
The problem is that function only search for ONE parameter and return whatever columns on the same row when parameter is found.
I want to look for four (4) different parameters in 4 different columns and return a different columns on the same row when all 4 parameters matches.
How can I do that?????

4ukh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.