hello friends
i m working on a project wherein we have to capture a photo using web cam for the web application..
can anybody tell me how we can do this.
i have read many artical and found a code for the stand alone appli. from "http://www.mutong.com/fischer/java/usbcam/" but it is not running it is showing the exception (Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException) in MediaLocator videoMediaLocator = captureVideoDevice.getLocator();
can anyone tell me what is happening here as i m very new to the java...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

not sure about the webcam part, but take a look at the Robot class. It has methods to capture screen images, (createScreenCapture,, getPixelColor...)

you can do alot with this

not sure about the webcam part, but take a look at the Robot class. It has methods to capture screen images, (createScreenCapture,, getPixelColor...)

you can do alot with this

thank you very much for replying..but acutally in our project we are using webcam and it is a web application ..but first i m trying it for the standalone application...so do you have any idea abt this or any of your friends know how to do this then ..plz kindly help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.