power_computer 20 Junior Poster

I previously asked how to install the CC compiler earlier, I decide to share my knowledge of how this compiler instead of g++ I installed this compiler because the CC compiler can handle separate template class files. I hope this is useful to some when looking for a separate C / C++ compiler

1. Go to link this and sign up to become a SND member it is free, you need to be a memeber to download the Sun Studio 12 which includes the CC compiler

Link: go to http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/index.jsp

2. Once you sign up at this link download the Sun Studio 12 tar file installer 

3. Open your terminal in *nix and log on to superuse and do the following commands 

set the .sh file to executable

cd /path of download/

cd SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-tar-ML

chmod 755 SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-tar.sh

n Ubuntu or other Debian Linux distribution

cd 
	 home/username/SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-tar-ML/SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-tar.sh --accept-license

or cd /path where download of SunStudio 12 is 

on Red Hat, Centos or Fedora

su -
      cd /opt 
      /home/username/SunStudio12u1-Linux-x86-tar-ML/SunStudio12u1-Linux-    x86-tar.sh --accept-license
      exit

cd /path where download of SunStudio 12 is 

5. This will begin the installation of Sun Studio 12

on Ubuntu or other Debian Linux distribution

cd /usr/bin
      sudo ln -s /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/sunstudio or path where Sun Studio is installed
      sudo ln -s /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC or path where Sun Studio is installed

on Red Hat, Centos or Fedora

su -
      cd /usr/bin
      ln -s /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/sunstudio or path where Sun Studio is installed
      ln -s /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC path where Sun Studio is installed
      exit

7. This creates a symalink in the /usr/bin directory Test CC by doing CC -version 

It should now work enjoy!
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.